Alexander's Mill mill has been in operation for over a century. The
mill was originally built as a flour mill by James Alexander in 1855. It
was powered by waste water diverted around the canal lock.
The haunted ballroom at Cedar Point is located above the arcade on
the Main Midway. Spectral music is often heard there, and ghostly
dancers are seen.
This covered bridge is a replica of the old bridge that was built in
the 70s. A series of floods leveled the original. This bridge wasn't
always such a peaceful place.
The house was built between 1825 and 1827 by Stephen and Mehitable Frazee. They build this house on a hill that overlooks the old canal. Two bricks on the house still bare their hand-engraved initials.
A Painesville master builder, Jonathan Goldsmith, built this house in
Willoughby in 1831. He then lived there with his wife, Abigail, and
their 10 children.
The area surrounding this lake has been used for thousands of years by various Native American tribes. Could it be that they love this area so much that they have not found a reason to leave, even in death?
The area currently known as Beaver Marsh was once owned by Charles
Carter and his family. Charles loved the canal and it's possible
that he is still around, waiting for it's rebirth.
The barn and surrounding area have a very mysterious past with many stories to tell or ghosts, murders, and Indians.